Tips for Smart Shopping
- by Karen Murray (The Coupon Lady)
1) Sit down and go through the
weekly store fliers, circling everything that looks good for
your family (or like a very good deal if you want to donate!)
2) Do this for EACH store you
would consider going to.
3) Get out your notebook for
making your grocery list, and an envelope for each store.
4) Next, compare what you circled
to your coupons. Decide whether or not it's a good price, or
the regular price, and determine whether or not it's a good deal...if
yes, write it on your list for that particular store, if no,
5) Put the coupon that matches
the item into an envelope specifically labelled with that grocery
6) Do this for each store, paying
careful attention to which items are on sale at more than one
store ... you want to buy it at the store with the lowest price
that week ... cross it off the list of the more expensive store.
7) Once each store has a completed
list, put the list in the envelope that already has the coupons
in it, and paper clip it to that store's flyer. You are ready
to go shopping!
8) On your shopping trip, try
not to get distracted, and BUY ONLY THE ITEMS ON YOUR LIST ...
unless there is an unadvertised special that is too good a deal
to pass up!!!