- P.O. Box 320722
- Fairfield, CT 06432
- (203) 371-6212
To serve as a marketing/communications specialist in the non-profit
- Five years' experience in marketing,
public relations and sales promotion with direct client contact
- Proven ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously, work as part of creative/ management
team, oversee production and maintain excellent client relations.
- Plan, write, design, edit, typeset
and produce print communications that inform, promote, advertise,
enlighten and sell.
- A Communicator. Able to listen, evaluate, create.
- Then listen again.
- Determined. Focused on end results and confident
about achieving them.
- Resourceful. Can execute a wide scope of tasks with
imagination and competence.
Oct. 1989- Present
- Communications Consultant, A CREATIVE TYPE, Massapequa Park, New York
- Develop marketing strategies
and promotional campaigns through effective print communications,
public relations and targeted advertising. Projects include brochures,
press releases, direct mail pieces, newspaper advertisements,
press kits, newsletters, seminar flyers, booklets and more.
- Project Development
- Manage and advance projects
from start to finish, including conceptualizing and writing copy,
obtaining approvals, collaborating with designers and working
with vendors to ensure high quality, cost-effective material.
Consistently work within financial budgets and tight deadlines.
- Client Relations
- Listen to, evaluate and meet
client needs with creative and enthusiastic results. Over 80%
of business comes from repeat clients and referrals.
- Desktop Publishing
- Operate desktop publishing applications
with technical and artistic expertise. Have extensive typesetting
experience working directly for local printers, designing corporate
identities, promotional pieces, collateral material, literary
works and more. Understand the effect of proper layout, design
and typography in relation to written copy.
Aug. 1987- Sept. 1989
- Word Processing/PC Specialist, PC PLUS WORD PROCESSING, Merrick, NY
- Provided database management,
PC consultation, word processing and editorial services to a
wide range of clientele.
Dec. 1983- Oct. 1986
- Assistant Editor, CBS-HOLT, RINEHART & WINSTON, New York, New York
- Computer Science and Electrical
Engineering Textbook and Trade Acquisitions.
- Screened manuscripts, followed
selected few from acquisition to bound book.
- Designed, implemented and maintained
reviewer database system on IBM PC.
- Participated in marketing meetings
regarding promotion of trade list.
- Coordinated interdepartmental
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- State College, Pennsylvania
- B.A. English, March 1983
- Microsoft Word for Windows,
dBase III+, Microsoft Publisher, Ventura, WordPerfect, Multimate,
PageMaker and various clip art and graphics packages. High aptitude
for learning new software applications; short learning curve.
- Have successfully operated a
computer-based business with downtime limited to only 2 days
in the last 7 years. Excellent troubleshooter.
March 1991-June 1993
- Director/Founder, THE WOMEN'S LEARNING CENTER, Seaford, New York
- Lead the public relations effort
of this community outreach program promoting educational and
professional development of women.
- Directed committee of four and
supported member relations.
- Wrote press releases; planned,
organized and implemented seminars/events; arranged speaker engagements;
managed financial budget.
Sept. 1990 - June 1993
- Publisher, MOTHERHOOD TIMES, Seaford, NewYork
- Actively participated in creative
team that included writers, editors and graphic artists.
- National Association of Female
- Long Island Association of Small
- Articles have been published
in: Newsday, Passages, L.I. Parent, Parish Family Digest and
- England, France, Spain, Italy,
Amsterdam, Morroco, Canada, USA.
- Readily available upon request.